Friday, January 04, 2008

Back on the circuit...

And as soon as I think I have some time spare, along comes something new. Or in this case, old.

I'm lecturing again.

I'll be talking at The Secret Chiefs, upstairs at the Devereux public house (20 Devereux Court, off Essex Street, London WC2) from 8.30pm on Wednesday 6th of February. This is quite a wierd one for me, as this is a spin off from the venue that, over seventeen years ago got me into a lot of esoteric type things, and it is one of the few places I have never actually lectured / spoken at in almost two decades.

Funny enough, they asked me to come and do a talk after I went to watch Debbie Gallagher's talk last year, the first time I'd even been back there in seven years.

So, if you want to see me doing something from my past life, if you want to see me talking about a tradition often overlooked and assimilated by most Pagan societies and something that is as far removed from comics as you can possibly get...

Wednesday 6th February – Tony Lee
"The Bard: Creating Gods For Fun And Profit!"

A magical practitioner for over two decades, Tony has been involved in all aspects of the magical pantheon, from Wicca to Discordia, Druidry to Psychic Questing. The co-creator of "Burnt Offerings" magazine in the 90's, Tony now writes comics, which is about the same level, really…

Michael Moorcock has said of Tony that he is "one of the best story-tellers working in comics today."

Come and learn the secrets of the true Bard. No written tests required...


The Secret Chiefs meet fortnightly on Wednesday evenings upstairs at the Devereux public house (20 Devereux Court, off Essex Street, London WC2). Nearest tube is Temple. Meet from 7.30pm and the talk starts at 8.30pm. Admission is £2 (£1 concs). All are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home