Friday, March 28, 2008

Comic Book Club, 15/4...

Here's a heads up. It's finally been properly announced, so I can talk about it now, even though I've known about it and mentioned it here and there for a while.

I'm going to be one of the guests at Comic Book Club, at The Peoples Improv Theater, 154 West 29th Street (2nd Floor), New York, NY on Tuesday 15th April between 8pm and 9pm.

Now, I've never been there before but I've been told there's quite a crowd and it's a good gig to get, the audience is kind and the shows are fun, so I'm looking forwards to it, almost as much as I am on meeting my 'couchmate', Robbi Rodriguez, the artist extraordinaire of Oni Press titles Maintenance and Tek Jansen. Now, I'm a massive fan of Robbi's art but even though I admire his work, I've never spoken to him before, so it's going to be a fun evening. And I'm incredibly honoured, especially as previous guests here have included Brian Bendis, Matt Fraction, Ed Brubaker, Joe Quesada, Peter David, Klaus Janson, Bill Willingham...

So, if you're around in New York the Tuesday before the comic con, come along and see me on stage. And I'm sure that after that there will be drinking. In a bar. Or something. I don't know. What usually happens after these, guys?

EDIT - And I've just been told that Christos Gage is the other guest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home